Monday, November 14, 2016

DAY 14! It is getting easier........

First I would really like to thank everyone who posted on my blog and a special thanks to SM for sharing my blog on her's!   Those comments really go a long way in helping me to stay on track.  I especially like hearing all of the positives that come from not drinking and I am beginning to experience some already!  Wine O'Clock is getting easier, my face isn't puffy anymore, and I am sleeping better!   I am eating way too much though.   I will tackle that one later.

I mentioned in my last post that I would list some of my favorite reads.  Not surprisingly, I have read many books over the years about drinking, fiction, nonfiction, memoirs.   Below are some of my favorites.   

Fiction
All Fall Down, Jennifer Weiner 
Summer Secrets, Jane Green 
The Good House, Jane Leary
Girl on a Train, Paula Hawkins
Big Little Lies, Liane Moriarty
Best Kept Secret, Amy Hatvany

Non Fiction
The Sober Revolution: Calling Time on Wine O'Clock
Alcohol Lied to Me: The Intelligent Way to Escape Alcohol Addiction, Craig Beck
Kick The Drink Easily, Jason Vale
The Easy Way to Stop Drinking, Alan Carr
Drink: The Intamite Relationship Between Women and Alcohol, Ann Dowsett Johnston


Memoirs
Mrs D is Going Without, Lotta Dan
Sober is the New Black: A Then and Now Account of Life Beyond Booze, Rachel Black
Drinking: A Love Story Carolyn Knapp
Between Breaths: A Memoir of Panic and Addiction, Elizabeth Vargas
Bottled: A Mom's Guide to Early Recovery, Dana Bowman
Diary of An Alcoholic Housewife, Brenda Wilhelmson
Girl Walks Out of a Bar: A Memoir, Lisa F. Smith
Blackout: Remembering the Things I Drank to Forget, Sarah Hepola
A Million Little Pieces, James Frey

Soberly yours,

Neinwine







2 comments:

  1. Thank you for this list, I have read Girl on a Train .. Not sure whether the film will work :-/ and Jason Vale whose book I found really helpful while debating the will I won't I 'Moderate' after my 100 days AF. Have defo decided to 'Do the next 100' as I know and have read that I will not moderate for long and then have to do the difficult start up AF again.
    I have found SoberMummy's blog a great help sharing info like not getting down when the weight does not fall away immediately. Lots of wine witch tips too.
    Have written down some of the titles you share .. Thank you
    Here's to ice in the lime :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like that approach. Make it to the first 100. That doesn't seem as intimidating as forever. Seems like days 30-100 are where a lot of people slip up. I read Jason Vale on SoberMummy's advice and it made a huge impact on me. Craig Beck and Alan Carr said a lot of the same things it different ways so that was a good reinforcement for me. Amazing to me how complex this issue is. SobeMummy has really made it easier and even enjoyable to understand. I don't feel like such a loser when I read her blog and realize that so many are just like me. I will definitely check out Wine Witch too. Thanks so much for your support. It means lots. Neinwine

      Delete